Our vacation this summer took us to Cody, Wyoming. My dad and his family are from northwest Wyoming, so it was great to visit many of them and get a primer on the family history. Rather than post pictures of historical documents, I decided to share a few samples of some of the more ocularly spectacular portions of our trip. Cody is located just about 50 miles outside of Yellowstone's east gate. This is the Lower Falls in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.

Even though Cody is gateway to the east side of Yellowstone, we drove the long way and entered by the northeast gate. Going from Cody, this requires you to drive over Dead Indian Pass. This is the route taken by Chief Joseph in his effort to escape the U.S. Cavalry. My dad will tell you this is the most spectacular view in the world, and I could not disagree. Pictures, obviously, cannot do it justice. It would take eight or nine put together in a panoramic to even capture the size of the view, but nothing can compare to cresting the pass actually seeing it.


Down the other side of the pass you don't travel far before coming in sight of Index Peak. No, we didn't have time to summit it, but the view looking up is still inspiring.


Jenny's favorite part was her attempt to make a snow angel the first week of July. This is quite a novelty enjoyed by those who venture to the mountains in the summer.

I have been in a lot of outhouses in my day, but this is by far the world's cleanest. It is much cleaner than my bathroom at home- and it smells better too! Either it was brand new or the campground manager is Giselle from Enchanted. We were only passing through, but it was so nice that I wanted to stick around and give it another go! I hope you all have the opportunity someday to come across an outhouse such as this . . .

4 comments:
Glad to finally see a post on your blog! When do you two move to Oregon?
Hey guys! ...Finally a member from my side of the Family has a blog and is doing something with it! YEA!!! Love all the georgeous pictures from your vacation! There is nothing like the great outdoors! Thanks for posting, and keep it updated often (especially Jenny's cute belly!) :) Love you!
Looks like fun!!! We miss you guys a lot down here!! I especially liked the snow angel, Jenny.
Love, Jenny's Twin ;)
So I embarked on the endeavor of reading and commenting on every single post on your extensive blog! Little did I know how easy it would be. I hope to comment on every posting forevermore.
Nice outhouse. I doubt Jenny would have posted that. It was probably cleaner than the snow Jenny tried to angelicize.
Post a Comment