Thursday, November 6, 2008

The things I love about beautiful Oregon

I recently decided to make a list of all the things I like about living in Oregon. I have lived in Utah my whole life and I was very nervous I couldn't love any other place in the world. Although I do miss Utah more than I can express (mostly the people) there are many good things about Oregon. Here is the beginning of the list:

  • Fall is lasting so long (the colors are amazingly vibrant!)
  • It is BEAUTIFUL
  • The beach is just an hour away
  • You pay no taxes when you purchase stuff (how cool is that?!?!?)
  • You drive two minutes and you are in scenic, peaceful country
  • We have missionaries over for dinner (in our home!!)
  • The bulk section at WinCo has every type of food you can imagine
  • Goodwill is the best (kind of like DI)
  • Missionary opportunities are all around
  • Gas is cheap ($2.37 last time I checked)
  • My skin is soft (that one is for you Kaitlin N.)
  • We have a great ward
  • The people are so nice
  • Most of all, Andrew is with me!!
  • I love Oregon!!

11 comments:

Vicky said...

We love some of those same things about Washington! We've gotten some great things from Goodwill. Do you really not pay taxes on anything you buy? That's incredible!

Kaitlin said...

That's way coolio about the taxes and gas!! I'm so happy for your hands Jenny!! Mine will be going downhill pretty soon, but at least I know that my twin's hands are doing good! :)
Did Ashley send you my e-mail address? We need to get some serious correspondence going! ;)
Love ya!

Ryan said...

Don't forget, you don't have to pump your own gas.

Jen said...

You forgot to put on your list that you have the coolest workout buddy ever! ;) heheheh

Katie and Randy said...

and don't forget the coolest ex-workout buddy ever! Really though, it always helps to point out the positive things about a place. It makes you appreciate the things that are good! So excited for you to visit Utah next month. I'm sure it will feel great to go home!

Little Red said...

Hello Rudolphs! I love bloggers! Congrats on the soon to be happiest baby on earth! I could not be happier for the two of you! It looks like you are doing great, I can't believe how fast time goes. It seems like yesterday that you were sleeping on the floor mattress between stephanie and I @ snow!

Holly said...

Greetings from Orem! I look forward to following your blog!
-Holly

Cristi said...

I had no idea you were in Oregon!!!! We lived on the coast for three years and then in salem for a year I would have totally met up with you. You still look gorgeous and I love your short hair. I had heard you married andrew. Congrats on baby.

Mandy said...

Hey Jenny! I am so glad that you are loving your new home state! I still miss having you around in Utah! You need to put a picture up of your pregnant self! I bet you look so cute! Have you decided on a name yet?! If you come to Utah for christmas...please come stop by Manila & say hi!!!!

Jessica said...

Hey Jenny. This is Jessica Bitter Gibb. I found your blog through Rob Blakes. Anyway I just wanted to say congrats on the baby. Glad things are going so well for you guys.

Adam and Rachel Family said...

Jenny! I'm not sure how I happened upon your blog, but I did and I am thrilled! It has been way too long since we have seen each other and talked. I miss you. Congratulations on your baby. Being a mother is the most wonderful thing you could ever imagine. Please lets keep in touch. My blog is adamandrachelfamily.blogspot.com.