Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cream of Asparagus Soup

It is currently 4:00 in the morning and I can't sleep. Is this mother nature's way of getting me ready for a 4 am feeding in a couple of weeks? It's kind of a mean trick. Well, since I can't sleep I figured I might as well do something, so I decided to post a blog entry about the recipe I made for dinner last night. We bought some asparagus on sale about a week ago and needed to use it. I have never had asparagus soup so I thought I would find a recipe online and try it out. The following link is to the "cream of asparagus soup" recipe that I made. I figured since all 5 reviews for it gave it 5 stars it was worth something. Besides the fact that it slightly resembled pureed baby food it tasted really good and is probably actually somewhat healthy, which is always a bonus right?! If you decide to try it out may I suggest setting aside the cooked asparagus tips and adding it at the very end, as it states in the recipe. The asparagus tips give it a nice variety in flavor and texture (I am a texture maniac when it comes to food). I also used fat free milk (it's all we buy, so it's all we had) and it still tasted excellent. I am constantly looking for good tasting, healthy recipes, and I thought that maybe other people out there may be looking too, so as long as you don't care if your food looks like baby food then try it out! :)

Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe Link

2 comments:

Kira said...

Sorry you can't sleep. I am excited for you to have your baby!

Jessica said...

Jenny-
I hope you are doing ok. We are on the same countdown. Yeah soon we will be holding our little ones. My c-section is on the 19 so two weeks for me. I hope everything goes well for you. Good luck!