Mmmmm . . . if you are lucky enough to have eaten at a Chick-fil-a, your mouth is probably watering right now. Jenny and I each worked there for many years- me for five and she for three. We met there, fell in love there, and even got engaged there- yes, in the kitchen (how romantic . . .) Anyway, I remember once at work I got a phone call from someone in Las Vegas asking where we were located. It took a little explaining before she realized we were six hours away, but she persisted by asking if we could FedEx it. No can do . . .
Well, Jenny and I now find ourselves in a similar situation. The nearest Chick-fil-a is hundreds of miles away and we are left with no way to feed our addiction . . . NOT! We cleverly planned ahead and brought 200 nuggets and a whole bunch of breakfast biscuits with us, all securely packed with dry ice to maintain freshness! My friends at school who just moved here from the South are seriously jealous, but I am a sharing man. It's a pretty cool feeling to sit down to some Chick-fil-a knowing that we are very likely the only people in the entire state of Oregon that are eating it for dinner.
So, for those of you who are within driving distance, don't take CFA for granted- you never know when you might lose it. And don't forget to keep up to date with their promotions on their website- they often give away free meals if you just keep your eyes posted!
5 comments:
Like your new blog look!! Glad your stocked with Chicken and Biscuts, ...makes home feel a little closer. Tell Jenny that she needs to try fish out!! It is really good (if it is cooked right, not McDonalds(blah!) Grilled Salmon, Breaded Parmesan Halibut, YUM!! I Love YOU Jenny!
-Bug :)
LOL! I love it!
Very cool arrangement. Maybe when you run out we can figure out a way to FedEx you some more.
You guys are hilarious! We miss you lots. Do you know if your baby is a boy or girl yet? What is your due date? We sure miss you in YW Jenny. Your new ward sure is lucky to have you!
Hey guys! I found your blog through Ryan's. I can't eat at Chick-Fil-A without thinking of you two.
Post a Comment